POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : border lines are missing [82.7kb] : Re: border lines are missing [82.7kb] Server Time
17 Aug 2024 14:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: border lines are missing [82.7kb]
From: Cris Williams
Date: 25 Oct 2001 12:05:52
Message: <3bd83860@news.povray.org>
I have run into problems similar to this before.  Part of the problem is
caused by unrealistically sharp edges.  If you round the edges a bit it may
add some highlights that will help the edge to stand out better (although
the edge is so small that this might not help).  I also agree that it would
help to render at a larger size.  On the other hand, the edge doesn't really
stand out too well on a real diskette either since it has very  little
depth.  I am sitting here looking at a disk as I speak, and if I hold it at
a certain angle the edge becomes nearly invisible.  You could also try
adjusting the scene's lighting.

Cris Williams